Business goals should be reviewed throughout the year, but January is a great time to take a fresh look at how you stay in touch with your clients. You can generate more customer referrals if you cultivate your client relationships.
- Are you proactive about reaching out?
- How many times a year do you touch base with your customers?
- Do you communicate with your clients through different methods (mail, e-mail, social media)?
The value of keeping in touch can pay dividends in repeat business and more referrals.
Depending on your business sales cycle, you might send a personal message to your best clients five times per year, and other valued people in your sphere of influence (networking associates) three times per year. Setting up a greeting card mailing program for your business is a very cost-effective way to promote your business proactively.
Why should you have a greeting card program? Learn more here!
Don’t be left behind, stay top of mind.
Technology has businesses evolving at the speed of light, and you don’t want to be left behind. If you don’t stay in touch with your best clients and most valued customers, they may quietly leave to purchase from your competition. If you build value in your business relationships, you will be rewarded with a more successful business.
Do customer loyalty programs work? There are no shortcuts, you have to earn customer loyalty through your actions.
“Merely satisfying customers will not be enough to earn their loyalty. Instead, they must experience exceptional service worthy of their repeat business and referral. Understand the factors that drive this customer revolution.” – Rick Tate
Different target markets will communicate differently – but getting a greeting card in the mail is still a very effective way to let a valued client know that their business is important to you. In an age where every retail store has a “rewards card” or “savings app”, sending a non-salesy greeting can stand out in people’s mind.
- The younger generation thinks of snail-mail as a novelty so why not use that to your advantage?
- Older folks still look forward to checking their mailbox every day
- By sending a greeting card in a brightly colored envelope with a real stamp, it shows your customer that they are not receiving a mass-mailed item
- Send a $5 gift card to your top 10 clients each month